Friday, May 22, 2009

Sometimes She Can Be A Real Jerk

Waking up to hear only ½ of a conversation and starting her grumpy “Blah, blah, blah” so the person on the other end of the line can hear her insensitivity 9.5 times out of 10 is unnecessary. In an effort to keep peace I close the door only for the child on the other end of the line to hear her bang thru it with more of a tirade, my mistake. It’s these days I hate, the position of being the peacekeeping middle woman. With the level of stress in this house we are bound to snap once in a while, I try to keep it from the kids. Middle son said “Mom, I’m sorry I made you two fight, again.” It breaks my heart every time because he thinks it’s his fault. She will calm down eventually, explain and apologize; I accept it because I understand it. Unfortunately, the damage is done and he heard what he heard, no backtracking now – the damage is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment